What you get
SUVTop Condition SUV
Dinner & Breakfast
Ensuring Trip Success
Local Expertise & Guidance
Recovery KitEssential Kit for SUV recovery
Mesmerizing Chandigarh to Leh Self Drive Road Trip
₹37,000.00 – ₹92,500.00
The Chandigarh to Leh Self Drive Road Trip (9 days) is a one way trip through the mesmerising landscape of the Manali Leh Highway. Ideal for those who are short of time and are looking for a blend of comfort and adventure
- Day 1 : Arrival in Chandigarh Airport. Handover of the SUV at the airport and you begin the drive to Manali. Please ensure to reach by morning 10 AM latest
- Day 2 : Manali to Jispa via Rohtang Pass. Later walk upto Gemur Monastery and enjoy the quaint Jispa village / and the River. This day also acts as an important day of acclimatisation.
- Day 3 : Long & Beautiful Drive to Leh via Gata Loops, Nakee La, Lachung La, Pang, Moreh Plain, Tanglung La, Upshi & finally Leh. Start early morning
- The Jaw Dropping Manali Leh Highway covering Rohtang Pass, Deepak Tal & Suraj Tal , Baralacha La , Lachung La & Nakee La , Tanglung La & Sculpted Gorges near Pang followed by Glorious Moreh Plains
- Leh City Tour , Shey Palace & Thicksey Monastery
- Khardung La & Nubra Valley along with Hunder Sand Dunes
- Largest High altitude lake Pangong Tso @14,500ft
- Chang La Pass & the magnificent Shyok River
- 8 Full Set Breakfasts
- 8 Full Set Dinner
- Recommendations on local cuisine and interesting places to eat
- SUV / MUV Rent. For Ladakh Trips, Leh Taxi cost for going to Nubra and Pangong
- Stay on twin sharing with Meals as specified
- Inner line Permits & Other Permits Required for the trip
- Fuel Cost ( Diesel mostly )
- Haryana, Punjab / Himachal / Kashmir State Tax
- Cleaning charges due to Stains caused by food / oil. Any upholstery damage
Hotels & Camps
- Hotel Iceland, Solang ( Manali )
- Padma Lodge & Camps, Jispa
- The Hermitage, Adu’s Eternal Comfort, Gangba Homestay
- Khvaab Boutique Stay, Manali
- Padma Lodge & Camps, Jispa
- Bodhi Tree / Tso Kar Retreat, Leh
Thank you very much to you and your team for arranging this fantastic tour. One of the best pick from this tour was your meticulous planning and promptness of service. All arrangements were fantastic, be it a delivery of vehicle at Chandigarh airport, hotels particularly at Chandigarh, Leh, Nubra, Pangong. However the best was at Jispa, Kargil and Srinagar for different reasons. Jispa was simple but authentic with very tasty food.
Rajesh & Gauri Natu
Graphic Designer, Apple
Sunil, after I ran 21k Marathon I bragged about it for years. The same is being repeated again, with my ambition to drive across the Himalayas, which was almost faded with Srinagar under curfew. You and Chetan were the spark to our fire that we could do this drive and without a single trouble. Driving is a passion but driving thru places where there are no roads is trouble, but your breakup of program and awesome car condition helped us actually sail thru. Three cheers and five stars.
Absolute Networks, Mumbai
Wow. wow, wow. What a experience! We took the route of Delhi - Jammu - Srinagar - Leh - Sarchu - Manali - Delhi. Sunil Kapoor gave us excellent service which includes his next to new 4WD in immaculate condition and all hotels were top class. Coming from Australia, we were bit nervous in start but when we met Sunil, we had full trust and all went very positive. Sunil gave us perfect instructions and everything was according to plan. Thank you Sunil and your team for our one of the best experience in life you have provided us.
Director, Webential, Australia
Eight of us from Sri Lanka got Sunil to arrange a self driven tour to Leh and we are very happy with our decision. He was punctual, trustworthy and met our expectations. The service provided was very professional. As foreigners it’s hard to arrange such a tour by ourselves and Unwind outdoor filled in the gap perfectly. All places we stayed were nice and decent. Should specifically mention about the two Scorpios which we instantly fell in love with. They were very well maintained ...
Friends from SriLanka
After days of research, we finally came across a facebook page called ‘Unwind Outdoors’. It seemed like our dream was going to be finally true. Very reasonably priced and Sunil from Unwind was like a know-it-all person.
The itinerary was so crisp and so very well laid out that there was no reason for us to worry other than coping up with nature’s fury.
Clifford Chance, Delhi
We did a SUV self drive trip from Chandigarh to Ladakh and back organized by Unwind Outdoor.
Highly recommend Unwind Outdoor as Sunil and Manpreet took care of everything we needed (car, hotel bookings, sightseeing and food recommendations, permits) and everything was organized seamlessly. Sunil was very patient with all our queries, giving suggestions and options to suit our preferences.
Ashish & Neha Thadani
Great to see the know-how of the Unwind Outdoor team regarding every aspect of the Srinagar - Leh - Chandigarh self drive trip. From weather conditions, to road conditions, to health/clothing requirements, and also driving instructions - Sunil and Manpreet are warm, meticulous and knowledgable. Villa Himalaya in Sonamarg surpassed all our expectations and ensured that our expected standards for the rest of the trip were extremely high.
Symbiosis Law School, Mumbai
Thanks Sunil for arranging a wonderful trip. Everything went well and we were in good hands with friendly and competent drivers. Accommodation was good and tents were comfortable beyond our expectations. We didn't have problem with food choices. It was a totally rejuvenating vacation and experience for us. Thanks from us in Singapore!
We had an amazing 9-day from Manali to Leh. Serene, breathless and picturesque. High altitude sickness was a big issue for us but we were in good hands.
Unwind Outdoor was superb in arranging and coordinating the trip. Taking care of all arrangements and checking-in on us. Kudos to Sunil and his team.
Assistant Director, Jurong Town Corporation, Singapore
We travelled as a couple & completed a self drive trip from Delhi-Jammu-Srinagar-Kargil-Leh-Nubra-Pangong-Tso Moriri-Sarchu-Manali-Delhi. Itinerary was meticulously designed to be a mix of adventure and comfort. Hotel choices were best. Support was available at all points in case of emergency.Vehicle provided was top notch. Thanks to Mr. Sunil Kapoor for personally putting in efforts to maintain such high standards.
Nikhil & Neha Mazumdar
Manager L&T, Mumbai
Six of us (two families) travelled to Leh in Jul / Aug 2015 and we had an excellent experience with Unwind Outdoor. From the very beginning of our excited planning phase, Sunil has been willingly suggesting us options, number of days, places to visit etc. He has all the knowledge of the terrain, passionate about trekking and traveling himself, so he understands travel-crazy people such as me and my quirks.
We landed in Leh in time for cloudbursts and flashfloods and landslides (along with mud and rocks sliding too). Despite Nature's fury, Sunil and Skarma made sure we were utmost safe and comfortable. These guys are just not into travel business, they help people fulfil their travel dreams. Truly! Go guys!!
Barclays Bank, Bangalore