What you get
Top Condition SUV
Dinner & Breakfast
Ensuring Trip Success
Local Expertise & Guidance
Essential Kit for SUV recovery
After extensive online and ground research we shortlist hotels which offer unique stay experience.
Dinner & Breakfast is included at all locations. We also provide specific recommendations on food while on the road to enhance the overall food experience
Every SUV goes through our strict quality check before Delivery.One full day is kept just for ensuring preventive maintenance. We make no compromises on this
Just in case there is a breakdown, you will not be alone. We immediately swing into action to ensure you are back on track and your holiday goes as planned
We know what you will need in case of emergency. All our SUV comes with a recovery kit with essential tools to bring you to safety in case you are stuck in a tricky situation
Local Expertise & Guidance
We are travellers first and we have wide network of local expertise and provide in depth guidance and pointers to enhance the overall holiday experience.
Spiti Winter Drive
Spiti Winter Drive on Fortuner 4×4 is for those who love to challenge their limits. If driving on snow, getting stuck in snow, using shovel to make your way excites you, then come join us for this once in a life time experience
- QTY and Guest Count must be Same
- Day 1 : Your Spiti winter drive begins when you arrive at Chandigarh Airport. We handover the SUV to you in top condition at the airport and you begin the drive immediately. At evening, we have a detailed briefing session in Mashobra.
- Day 2 : Beautiful day of driving to reach Kalpa, a day where we get exposed to sub zero temperatures and also ice on the road
- Day 3 : We start early today to enjoy the beauty of Spiti in Winter. Nako will be mesmerising and our pit stop for Lunch and then as we approach Kaza, the snow clad Spiti will take your breath away
- Day 4 : A relaxed day today and we enjoy the drive to remote villages of Spiti, especially Langza and get a chance to witness the full glory of White Spiti
- Day 5 : Another incredible day of driving towards Losar to experience extreme snow driving
- Day 6 : We begin our return drive back to comfort. It will be a long day of driving and we settle down in Rampur with comfortable temperatures and hot shower
- Day 7 : We take it easy today and enjoy a relaxed driving day and a beautiful evening yet again in Mashobra.
- Day 8 : After a relaxed breakfast we head to Chandigarh, enjoy another evening at Chandigarh
- Day 9 : Take OLA / Uber and depart as per your travel plan
- Magical Kalpa draped in Snow
- The Quaint Setting of Nako Lake
- Monasteries of Spiti ( Dhankar / Ki )
- The remote villages of Spiti, & Miles of Snow at Langza @ 15,000 ft
- Extreme snow driving towards Losar
- 7 Full Set Breakfasts
- 7 Full Set Dinner ( Including authentic local cuisines )
- 2 Lunches while in Kaza
- Interesting Meals places en-route
- SUV / MUV Rent. For Ladakh Trips, Leh Taxi cost for going to Nubra and Pangong
- Stay on twin sharing with Meals as specified
- Inner line Permits & Other Permits Required for the trip
- Breakdown assistance & associated cost if attributed to vehicle failure. Local ground team support
- Routine Maintenance & Cleaning
- Comprehensive Insurance for Accidents
- Changes in plan due to landslides/roadblock and other weather related uncertainties
- Emergency Oxygen Cylinder & Basic Vehicle recovery Kit in all Self Drive Vehicles
- Detailed Trip Maps ( Offline & Online ) & Daily Guide
- Fuel Cost ( Diesel mostly )
- Haryana, Punjab / Himachal / Kashmir State Tax
- Cleaning charges due to Stains caused by food / oil. Any upholstery damage
- Damages caused due to inexperienced driving for example Clutch Burnout / Under Body Damage / Rear view mirror damage / Minor Scratches & Dents Or Side wall damage/Cut on the Tyres
- Emergency Medical Evacuation charges
- Breakdown Assistance Charges if caused due to Inexperienced/ Poor driving. For example, if the car breakdown due to Clutch Failure, then entire cost associated will be borne by the Guest Or if the vehicle breakdown due to under body damage
Hotels & Resorts
Preferred Hotels For Spiti Winter Drive
- An exclusive collection of Premium Hotels / Home Stays and Guest Houses
- In Kaza & Kalpa there will be no running hot or cold water. Water will be supplied through Buckets. Hot water will be made available in limited quantities for basic chores
- Blankets and quilts will keep you warm. There will be electrical blankets, Bhukaris & Heaters to keep the room at moderate temperatures
- Proper Winter gear will be required for this trip without which no participant will be allowed.
- A detailed list of gear will be provided for each Guest
Thank you very much to you and your team for arranging this fantastic tour. One of the best pick from this tour was your meticulous planning and promptness of service. All arrangements were fantastic, be it a delivery of vehicle at Chandigarh airport, hotels particularly at Chandigarh, Leh, Nubra, Pangong. However the best was at Jispa, Kargil and Srinagar for different reasons. Jispa was simple but authentic with very tasty food.
Rajesh & Gauri Natu
Graphic Designer, Apple
Sunil, after I ran 21k Marathon I bragged about it for years. The same is being repeated again, with my ambition to drive across the Himalayas, which was almost faded with Srinagar under curfew. You and Chetan were the spark to our fire that we could do this drive and without a single trouble. Driving is a passion but driving thru places where there are no roads is trouble, but your breakup of program and awesome car condition helped us actually sail thru. Three cheers and five stars.
Absolute Networks, Mumbai
Wow. wow, wow. What a experience! We took the route of Delhi - Jammu - Srinagar - Leh - Sarchu - Manali - Delhi. Sunil Kapoor gave us excellent service which includes his next to new 4WD in immaculate condition and all hotels were top class. Coming from Australia, we were bit nervous in start but when we met Sunil, we had full trust and all went very positive. Sunil gave us perfect instructions and everything was according to plan. Thank you Sunil and your team for our one of the best experience in life you have provided us.
Director, Webential, Australia
Eight of us from Sri Lanka got Sunil to arrange a self driven tour to Leh and we are very happy with our decision. He was punctual, trustworthy and met our expectations. The service provided was very professional. As foreigners it’s hard to arrange such a tour by ourselves and Unwind outdoor filled in the gap perfectly. All places we stayed were nice and decent. Should specifically mention about the two Scorpios which we instantly fell in love with. They were very well maintained ...
Friends from SriLanka
After days of research, we finally came across a facebook page called ‘Unwind Outdoors’. It seemed like our dream was going to be finally true. Very reasonably priced and Sunil from Unwind was like a know-it-all person.
The itinerary was so crisp and so very well laid out that there was no reason for us to worry other than coping up with nature’s fury.
Clifford Chance, Delhi
We did a SUV self drive trip from Chandigarh to Ladakh and back organized by Unwind Outdoor.
Highly recommend Unwind Outdoor as Sunil and Manpreet took care of everything we needed (car, hotel bookings, sightseeing and food recommendations, permits) and everything was organized seamlessly. Sunil was very patient with all our queries, giving suggestions and options to suit our preferences.
Ashish & Neha Thadani
Great to see the know-how of the Unwind Outdoor team regarding every aspect of the Srinagar - Leh - Chandigarh self drive trip. From weather conditions, to road conditions, to health/clothing requirements, and also driving instructions - Sunil and Manpreet are warm, meticulous and knowledgable. Villa Himalaya in Sonamarg surpassed all our expectations and ensured that our expected standards for the rest of the trip were extremely high.
Symbiosis Law School, Mumbai
Thanks Sunil for arranging a wonderful trip. Everything went well and we were in good hands with friendly and competent drivers. Accommodation was good and tents were comfortable beyond our expectations. We didn't have problem with food choices. It was a totally rejuvenating vacation and experience for us. Thanks from us in Singapore!
We had an amazing 9-day from Manali to Leh. Serene, breathless and picturesque. High altitude sickness was a big issue for us but we were in good hands.
Unwind Outdoor was superb in arranging and coordinating the trip. Taking care of all arrangements and checking-in on us. Kudos to Sunil and his team.
Assistant Director, Jurong Town Corporation, Singapore
We travelled as a couple & completed a self drive trip from Delhi-Jammu-Srinagar-Kargil-Leh-Nubra-Pangong-Tso Moriri-Sarchu-Manali-Delhi. Itinerary was meticulously designed to be a mix of adventure and comfort. Hotel choices were best. Support was available at all points in case of emergency.Vehicle provided was top notch. Thanks to Mr. Sunil Kapoor for personally putting in efforts to maintain such high standards.
Nikhil & Neha Mazumdar
Manager L&T, Mumbai
Six of us (two families) travelled to Leh in Jul / Aug 2015 and we had an excellent experience with Unwind Outdoor. From the very beginning of our excited planning phase, Sunil has been willingly suggesting us options, number of days, places to visit etc. He has all the knowledge of the terrain, passionate about trekking and traveling himself, so he understands travel-crazy people such as me and my quirks.
We landed in Leh in time for cloudbursts and flashfloods and landslides (along with mud and rocks sliding too). Despite Nature's fury, Sunil and Skarma made sure we were utmost safe and comfortable. These guys are just not into travel business, they help people fulfil their travel dreams. Truly! Go guys!!
Barclays Bank, Bangalore